Another day, another viral TikTok trend, and I still get excited every time a new one emerges, especially when it’s a recipe. From cloud bread, to dalgona, to baked feta pasta, to nature’s cereal, TikTok has produced some pretty insane recipes and has just done it again. This time, from food & lifestyle influencer, Emily Mariko, who recently shared her Salmon Rice Bowl recipe, a sushi-lovers dream, which quickly went viral. Watch her turn leftover salmon and rice into the most delicious makeshift sushi-inspired treat:
Fast, easy, and delicous…it doesn’t get much better than that! Here’s the full recipe below:
- 1 leftover cooked salmon fillet, flaked
- 1-2 cups of leftover white rice
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup kimchi
- Soy sauce to taste
- Sriracha to taste
- Kewpie mayonnaise to taste
- Dried seaweed sheets
- 1 ice cube
- 1 sheet of parchment paper
1. Put your salmon and rice in a microwaveable bowl.
2. Place an ice cube in the middle of the mixture and cover the bowl with a sheet of parchment paper.
3. Microwave until hot.
4. Remove the parchment paper and ice cube.
5. Drizzle soy sauce, sriracha, and mayonnaise all over and mix well.
6. Top off with avocado and a side of kimchi.
7. Use the seaweed sheets as you go to wrap each bite containing avocado and the salmon rice mixture, and enjoy!
Experiment with other proteins like tuna or chicken, or even your favorite vegan alternative, to find a bowl perfectly tailored to you. Get creative here, the options are endless!