Remember the viral whipped coffee trend known as dalgona coffee that took the internet by storm last year? The quarantine creation was an instant favorite, and I even wrote an article which featured an upgraded ‘weekend version’ of the drink. Now, there is a new whipped drink trend that everyone is raving about…dalgona matcha! As a major matcha-lover, I jumped at the chance to try this new recipe for the dreamiest-looking matcha drink ever. The result? Delicious. And surprisingly simple! Try it out yourself using this easy 4-ingredient, 4-step recipe:
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 cup milk (or any milk alternative, my preference is soy)
- Whisk the egg white until it is frothy and stiff (you’ll get the best results by using an electric mixer, but a whisk will do the trick as well).
- Add the sugar and continue to whip until stiff peaks form and that oh-so-dreamy cloudlike consistency is achieved.
- Sift in the matcha powder and fold in gently until fully incorporated.
- Add the milk (hot or cold) to a cup, top with the whipped matcha, and enjoy!
It is important to follow these steps exactly and to hold off on adding the sugar or matcha powder into the mix until the egg whites are fully whipped and fluffy, otherwise you will not be able to achieve the light and airy consistency that’s essential to creating the perfect dalgona matcha.
For an extra layer of flavor, finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg.
One thought on “DALGONA MATCHA IS THE NEW DALGONA COFFEE…AND I HAVE THE EASY 4-INGREDIENT, 4-STEP RECIPE YOU NEED TO MAKE IT AT HOME”