Believe it or not, Bella Hadid’s TikTok is a source of inspo for more than just fashion. Her cooking videos literally leave me salivating, especially the most recent one, which features an insane homemade burger sauce that I simply had to breakdown a recipe for here. But first, the video (warning: if you’re not already hungry, you certainly will be after watching this):
You can fast-forward to 0:39 for the sauce part, or follow the below recipe I compiled based on the video:
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons relish
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
1. Sauté a thinly sliced white onion in olive oil
2. When the onions start to soften, add 2 tablespoons of water to the pan and cover for extra juiciness
3. Once fully sauteed, cover cooked onions with tinfoil and allow to cool in fridge for 10 minutes
4. Remove onions from fridge and add the ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, relish, pepper, and white vinegar (no need to use exact measurements here, you can totally wing it like Bella does)
5. Stir well and keep chilled until serving
6. Spoon a mountain of sauce atop your burger and enjoy!
Bella’s burger sauce can also be used on fries (or cheese fries if you’re going all out like Bella), sausages, pizza, or whatever else your heart desires.
Are you drooling yet?