These Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Cookies are insane! They’re incredibly gooey and soo delicious! I got a ton of requests on Instagram for the recipe after posting a video of the caramel oozing out of the dark chocolatey center, so here it is!!
-3/4 cup room temperature salted butter
-1/2 cup fine white sugar
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
-1/2 cup cocoa
-1 tsp baking soda
-2 rolls of Rolos
- Preheat the oven to 175 C.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, white sugar, and brown sugar together well, until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until blended.
- In a separate bowl, sift in flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Give it a stir.
- Slowly add your dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the large bowl, mixing as you go until fully blended.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Make balls of cookie dough around 4 tbsp in size.
- Flatten the balls of dough, add 3-4 Rolos to the middle, then press dough around it and roll back into a ball shape.
- Place cookies on the lined cookie sheet. For an extra punch of flavor, sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 11 minutes on 175 C, but be sure to keep an eye on them and use your own judgement because every oven is different.
- Remove cookies from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes (this is the hardest part but definitely necessary to let the dough set a bit).
- Get your camera ready to capture the gooey magic you’re about to enjoy!!
To get a perfectly shaped cookie, try to crush the 3-4 individual Rolos into one big ball before wrapping the cookie dough around them.
The sea salt can be a little much for some people so I’d recommend only adding it to half your batch so you can enjoy them both ways.
These decadent cookies are best enjoyed with a nice hot coffee or glass of cold milk.
If you made this recipe, I’d love to see your creation!
Tag me on Instagram at @meghflanagan and hashtag #EditEats
One thought on “THE LAST COOKIE RECIPE YOU’LL EVER NEED”